A vineyard on a human scale
Our vineyards, with a total area of 6 hectares classified AOC Burgundy. They are spread over five villages of the Châtillonnaise coast (Côte d'Or) Chaumont-le-Bois, Noiron-sur-Seine, Gomméville, Griselles and Vix.
Planted on slopes sometimes very steep, exposed to the South and South-East, they benefit from the best conditions for the ripening of the grapes.
Traditional grape varieties
Une viticulture qualitative
- We do not use chemical fertilizers, insecticides or anti-rot.
- The weeding of our vines during the summer protects the soil from erosion and improves the quality of the grapes.
- In winter the shoots are crushed to bring organic matter and boost the life of the soil.
- We have the peculiarity of working our vines only with light caterpillar machines to avoid soil compaction.
- Our vines are lined with grass strips, hedges and trees that are useful for biodiversity
A manual harvest
Like all Crémants de Bourgogne producers, we harvest by hand all our vines.
The manual harvest allows:
- Quality sorting: select bunches of grapes with maturity
- to pick whole bunches with unburst berries
- Transport: in small openwork crates
- Period: mid-September
- Duration: 8 to 10 days
- Tradition: the work accomplished, we perpetuate the traditional meal of the "harvest dog".
The culmination of a year's work, the harvest is an intense moment, but always happy!